THE NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING WILL BE ON MONDAY OCTOBER 2ND 2023 AT 6:30pm IN THE DUCHY BARN.
LIME TREE REMOVAL
The lime tree opposite Manningtree Road will be taken down tomorrow (26th September) after a survey found it was rotten and in danger of falling if we get strong winds. DPC will undertake to plant a replacement next planting season.
DEDHAM VOLUNTEER DAY SATURDAY 7TH OCTOBER.
• Litter picking.
• Trimming overgrown hedges beside public footpaths.
• Sign cleaning.
Hi Vis vests will be provided. All ages are welcome but children must be supervised by an adult. Meeting point will be outside the Duchy Barn at 10.30am. Anyone interested in taking part should contact Carol Harbach, our Parish Clerk on firstname.lastname@example.org
DPC CHAIRMANS ANNUAL REPORT.
The Chairman of Dedham Parish Council presented his Annual report for 2022 at the Annual Parish Assembly on Monday May 22nd. You can read a copy of his report here.
ESSEX COUNTY COUNCIL WASTE STRATEGY CONSULTATION.
The online hub for the documentation and the consultation which runs until 22nd November can be accessed by clicking on the link below.
NORWICH - TILBURY PROPOSED POWER LINES IN THE DEDHAM AREA.
COFFEE WITH COPS.
Gary Woolford 42072690, a PCSO based in Colchester, will be holding a one hour Coffee with Cops session by the War Memorial in Dedham. Future dates are Tuesday 12th September 10:00am, Monday 9th October 13:00hrs, Monday 6th November 13:00hrs, Monday 11th December 10:00am.
Colchester Planning Portal. (Search CO7 6)
Planning your visit and travel.
- Before you leave home, plan your visit in advance and work out where you will park if you are driving and what public facilities such as toilets, baby changing, and electric vehicle charge points are available.
- When parking, please use designated car parks and do not block entrances or roads so that emergency services and farm vehicles can access rural areas.
- Wherever possible, please try to use public transport, walk, or cycle.
- Please check weather forecasts before you leave home and make sure you are prepared for the elements. In an emergency, please call 999.
- Thinking of taking your canoe or paddleboard on the river Stour? Please note a license is required to use the river. All craft must be registered to take to the water on any part of England's canals, rivers, and navigations. Register your craft at www.riverstourtrust.org.
- Only swim, paddleboard, or kayak in open water if you are a competent swimmer. Let someone know where you're going and when you expect to return.
- Find out more water-based safety advice at www.rnli.org.
Respect people and place.
- Pick up litter and take it home with you or deposit into the nearest bin.
- Ensure you don't harm, destroy, or remove any wildlife, trees, plants and rocks as they all form part of the local ecosystem.
- Do not light fires or BBQs, especially during summer months, as these can cause wildfires.
Stick to marked paths.
- Nesting birds and other wildlife can be disturbed if you get too close. Please stick to marked paths.
- Leave any gates you come across on your travels as you found them..
- Do not cycle on footpaths.
- Put your dog on a lead when around crops, livestock, and wild animals.
- Pick up dog poo and take it home with you or deposit in the nearest dog bin.
The Gem, Nayland Road
Colchester Essex CO6 4HA
Telephone: 07837 714615
Last updated - 23/06/2023
Contact the Parish Council
THE LATEST NEWS ITEMS
DEDHAM PARISH COUNCIL - NOTICE OF CASUAL VACANCY IN THE OFFICE OF PARISH COUNCILLOR
DEDHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING - MONDAY JULY 3RD.
UPCOMING HIGHWAYS WORK
A BLUEPRINT FOR THE FUTURE: THE NEXT 100 YEARS OF COLCHESTER
DEDHAM RUN 17TH SEPTEMBER 2023 ROAD CLOSURE
A12 CLOSURES ON MARKS TEY ROADWORKS
DEDHAM PARISH COUNCIL AGM AND DEDHAM PARISH ASSEMBLY - MAY 22nd